9.04.2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today's my Dad's birthday. Every year for his birthday I end up getting my father a gift certificate to somewhere - usually a bookstore or a home improvement store. He likes to hold onto them and browse frequently to figure out just what he wants to use it for, and I think he likes the shopping as much as he likes finally bringing something home.

I remembered the Cash or Charge template PTI offers and I knew I wanted to make one of these beauties to package the gift card.
A while back I bought Distressed Stripes because of all the fabulous plaids that were popping up in blogland. For this one I used Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Dark Chocolate. I finished it off with a little bit of Vintage Cream twill and a button.

I loved making this plaid and I believe I'm addicted to it now.

I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend! We're having a cook-out today and watching the local airshow fly over our house.

Supplies
Stamps :: PTI - Distressed Stripes

Ink :: PTI - Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
Cardstock :: PTI - Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides
Other :: PTI - Vintage Cream Twill, Vintage Cream Button, Rustic Jute Twine


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Kay D said...

LOVE that gift card holder- great colors for the plaid!