9.25.2010

September Blog Hop


I'm so excited to be able to play along with the blog hop this month, and with such a fun challenge :

"One of the most fun things about this hobby is the people you meet, whether in person or online, and the things you learn from them.  Now is your chance to show off any skills you might have learned from a fellow stamper, and perhaps even give them a little shout out to thank them for the inspiration they have provided.  Create a project using one of your favorite learned skills and perhaps after a little blog hopping, we will ALL learn some new tips and tricks and continue to pass on the love of this hobby!"


This challenge fits right in with a project I've been working on already - favors for the baby shower tea. (You can see the invites I did here.) 


I got the idea and the template for these tea boxes from Michele (Derby). She did such a fantastic job with them I thought they would be the perfect! 


Here's my take


You can't really tell in the pictures, but I embossed a circle with standard circle nesties and masked it before stamping the background.

I just love how these have turned out!

Supplies
Stamps :: PTI - Tea for Two, Favor It Baby, Polka Basics II

Ink :: PTI - Plum Pudding, Vintage Cream
Cardstock :: PTI - Kraft, Rustic Cream
Other :: PTI - Tea Box template, Tea for Two die, standard circle Nestibilities 

Thanks for stopping by,


23 comments:

Keva said...

I can see the masked circle and it looks great. I love the colors, too. Thanks for your prayers for my grandmother. :)

Rhonda said...

What a fun project. The guests will love them.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love it, what a great use of kraft.

Aimes said...

I can see that embossed circle and your project is so sweet! Just gotta love that you added my fave drink to it *wink*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Allison Rankin said...

Very pretty! I have this set but have not yet used it (boo!).

Sue Ann said...

LOVE IT ....... the embossed circle is just the right touch!!! FANTASTIC

Anonymous said...

very cute! great idea with the embossed circle!

Kay D said...

Fabulous idea with the embossed/ masked circle- a perfect spotlight for that adorable teapot!

Dana said...

I loved that idea of Michele's too, she's so creative! These tea boxes are great!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo!

Kelly S. said...

OMG so creative...LOVE how you did the sentiment! What fun shower favors!!!!

Deb C said...

So cute and I love the idea of a baby shower tea. Too cute!

TFS~

Marge said...

Absolutely SWEET!!!

Kara said...

great project!!

peggysue said...

Love that tea set, neat project!

Laura Isham said...

craft and light purple are such a great combo. love that box. off to get that template

Nerina said...

Just beautiful - love these colours together!

Sue Lelli said...

FAB color combo! CUTE invite!

Pam W. said...

Great project! I have never put these colors together, but I think I will now. TFS

Kristii said...

Way cute!!!! Love the color combo!!!!

Babies-Beth said...

Oh how cute they will be! Thanks heavens for that die, eh?

Taheerah said...

Oh that's really cool! I've been trying to think up an idea to package some tea bags for my guy and this will work perfectly! Thanks so much for showcasing it!!

DF said...

Great project! And such a clever sentiment!