1.11.2010

Babies, babies everywhere

Good evening all! I hope everyone had a good day - not bad for a Monday.

Tim and I have been married a little over 6 months now and it seems like now everyone I tell we've gotten married immediately asks "When are you having a baby?"

W'e're not ready. We know this. We accept this and are embracing this idea. We are also embracing the opportunities it allows us to grow together in our marriage.

But at the same time we are surrounded by babies. When T started working at his current school they warned him pregnancy was in the water - with several teachers and teacher's wives being pregnant or just having had their babies. At work there are babies. My cousins all have children and one is expecting again. Our wedding-buddy is pregnant.

I decided, while my creativity was flowing, to make some Baby cards for the Mommies-to-be in our world.

The first card was made for my cousin Julie who is due in March and is expecting a little girl - Sadie Grace.


For this one I used a Papertrey Stampers Select White base with a Raspberry Fizz layer. I stamped a background stamp from Fiskars Thank You set and filled in the empty portion with a white gel pen.

I stamped the carriage from Bitty Baby Blessings once onto SS White in Dark Chocolate and colored it with PrismaColor markers, and then again - cutting out the second one and layering it with pop dots. I stamped my sentiment in Dark Chocolate and surrounded it with some flourishes from Fancy Flourishes in Berry Sorbet. I layered this with dark chocolate and called it finished. I'm pretty happy with this little card and I hope Juls likes it too.

The second card I made was for a couple of friends who are expecting a baby boy in May.

For this card I used a Spring Rain base. I then stamped journaling lines from the same Fiskars set in fresh snow ink. It's not as clean as I'd like it, but I'm still adjusting to the pigment ink, so I'm overall happy enough with it. I stamped the onesie on the same printed paper, with a little blue bunny and finished it with some mini brads and Spring Rain ribbon.

Thanks for looking! It's off to finish watching the Bachelor. Hope everyone has a great night.

No comments: