8.15.2010

Papertrey Posse August Parade of Blogs

It's been awhile - I've missed posting. My craft room is currently extremely disorganized, but I did find time to create a card for our August Parade of Blogs.

This month our hostess Keva challenged us to make a project using our favorite technique, or to find a new one and try it.

I've wanted to try embossing resist for a while, and I thought this was the perfect time to try it.

I stamped the large flower from Friends 'til the End in VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I sponged Fresh Snow ink on with a paper towel and rubbed it in really good as I moved outward to get a really nice feathered look. It looks much better IRL. I stamped the sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes and matted the focal point on Plum Pudding Bitty Dot Paper. Lastly I added a Plum Pudding Button with Rustic Jute button twine.

I really like this technique - I've already used it a couple more times since I made this card.

Supplies
Stamps :: PTI - Big & Bold Wishes, Friends 'til the End

Ink :: PTI - Plum Pudding; VersaMark
Cardstock :: PTI - Kraft, Plum Pudding Bitty Dot Paper
Other :: Fillagree Clear Detail Embossing Power, PTI - Plum Pudding Button



Thanks for stopping by!

Head over to the Papertrey Posse Blog to see the other ladies's cards.



3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love that technique you used with the Fresh Snow. Gonna have to try that one too! Your card is very pretty!

Suzanne said...

Amy, this is so pretty. I've always wanted to try this technique. The image is stunning with the soft yellow and white. And the plum dot mat is the perfect choice.

Erica said...

So pretty! This technique looks like it gives your card a soft glow!