8.23.2010

Wonderful Friend...

People who don't use the PTI forum rarely understand when I talk about the warm, friendly atmosphere where some of the most sweet generous people I know congregate everyday.

Recently I have felt A LOT of love from the ladies on the forum from my proxy Mary taking the time to shop for me at CHA, to Emily, Mary (same Mary, gotta love that lady!) and Beverly sending me TONS of ribbon and buttons to complete my paper storage project and last, but definitely not least Kathy for lending me her teapot & tea cup dies when they were out of stock. You ladies are awesome!

I want to pass the love on, so I recently sent Nadine a selection of Just for You ticket dies. I just wanted to show the card I sent with the die cuts:
For this card I tried my hand at heat embossed background - overall I'm pretty happy with the results. I feel like I'm really starting to feel comfortable with heat embossing and I'm really enjoying it. 

Supplies
Stamps :: PTI - Round & Round

Ink :: PTI - Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise; VersaMark
Cardstock :: PTI - Harvest Gold, Ripe Avocado, Kraft
Other :: PTI- Mat Stack #1 die, Eyelet Border Die, Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, Filigree Clear Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Kara said...

really pretty card! very generous people on the forum, that's for sure:)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Amy. And I agree, love the PTI forums!

Laurie said...

Amy this is so pretty! Love that impressed layer at the bottom!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute!! I like all the different elements on this card!

Jill said...

You are so right, Amy, the forum is the BEST community/family! What a nice touch for you to send a card along with the tickets! I think you'll love heat embossing--it's my favorite technique by far and I think it makes the project look more "finished," know what I mean? Especially sentiments. I love how the Picnic Plaid IP looks here--I just got it myself and now I want to try it out! :-)