8.20.2010

Just one of those cards...

...that doesn't work out quite like you hoped.  I'm still working my way through the CPS sketches.


I had great plans for this card - and a great sketch. I just didn't work through the logistics well enough and all my elements didn't fit. I tried to make it work, and while the results are not horrible - I'm still disappointed that it didn't live up to my original idea.


Supplies
Stamps :: PTI - Outline Alphabets, Birthday Bash Sentiments

Ink :: PTI - Summer Sunrise, True Black
Cardstock :: PTI - Harvest Gold, Hibiscus Burst, Plum Pudding, Orange Zest
Other :: PTI- Fillable Frames #5 & #7 dies 



Thanks for stopping by! 



3 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I think you did a really good job with a sketch that looks fairly difficult. I love the way the arrow curves over the mat. It may not have turned out how you wanted, but it is still a very, very good card. Turning 50, not so much.

Maggie said...

That sketch looks like a tough one! You did fine.....my whole blog this coming week is full of cards that looked good in my head, but IRL they didn't work out quite how I had planned...it's all about having fun in the process, right?

Keva said...

lol...that is the cutest thing. I love the sentiments together. I am not sure I could pull off that sketch as well as you did. Great job!