1.16.2011

Happiest with You

Recently, I made this card for my husband, just to say "I Love You."

I pulled out some of my new PTI supplies and this is what I came up with:

Sometimes I have a tough time creating cards for my husband. He's an artist - he has a deeper understanding of  design, color, and composition than I will ever have. He has never been anything but supportive of my cards, and provides constructive criticism when I ask. But making a card for him makes it feel like there is some added pressure for it to be a GREAT card.

I used a rustic cream base, layered with dark chocolate and rustic cream, impressed with the Linen & Canvas impression plate from Papertrey Ink (OH how I LOVE it!!). I added a die cut stamped with the Love Birds set, stamped a sentiment from Signature Series: Flower, and completed it with some chocolate bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies
Stamps :: PTI - Love Birds, Signature Series: Flower

Ink :: PTI - Chamomile Tea Dye
Cardstock :: PTI - Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate
Other :: PTI - Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Love Birds Die, Misc. - Chocolate Baker's Twine

3 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Well, this IS a gorgeous card!! I'm sure he loved it!

Laurie said...

Lovin' the twine! Great idea!

Stephanie said...

Love it, Amy!! You and I are in the same situation. My DH is in graphic design and I worry so much that something will totally be wrong....lol It's nice that they are so supportive of our crafting, though! I'm sure your DH loves it no matter what!